Thursday, January 6, 2011

Civil War Nurses Memorial

This is a sketch I was working on this summer of one of the statues on the Civil War Nurses Memorial, which is in DC near my office.  It was "Erected by the Ladies Auxiliary to the Ancient Order of  Hibernians of America" in "A.D. 1924," so there you have it.  I worked on this at around noon over the course of a couple of lunch hours, but never finished it.  Now the sun is in a different place, so the shadows are too, so I'll have to wait until next summer when the sun is back in the correct place to finish it.  On second thought, its done.

1 comment:

  1. this is lovely! one of my most treasured souvenirs from art school is my chalk pastel drawing from Hollywood Cemetery. it turned out just beautiful, and my parent were kind enough to have it framed for me. i've never been able to create another one as nice!

    ReplyDelete