Friday, December 2, 2011

Grumpy Dude on Metro


Well, this portrait of myself in a beret was completely unplanned. Some of you know that I like to do quick sketches of people on the metro on the way to work here in DC. This morning, I sat in a seat that had a glass partition in front of me. I was doing a rather uninspired sketch of a passenger, and looking for another subject when a man in a dark coat walked onto the car and leaned against the other side of the glass. To my surprise, there was my reflection! I only had a couple of stations to take a shot at it, and there was no telling when the man might move. This is the result... I would say it took about 10 minutes - Union Station to Farragut North. I'm not sure if people who know me would say that there is a likeness or not because it was done so quickly and it is a mirror image. But, it looks like what I see every morning before I've had my coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Looking very Handsome, Martin! well done for doing the self thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reflection thanks you, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete